Thursday, September 17, 2020

INTERNATIONAL ZOO YEARBOOK - SAD NEWS

 


INTERNATIONAL ZOO YEARBOOK


The first edition of the International Zoo Yearbook rolled off the press in 1960. The current edition which is still at the printers will, very sadly, be the last one.

It will be a sad loss to Zoo Professionals the world over though happily today there are several other publications which serve the purpose of disseminating information.

I recall when I started my zoo career back in 1967 that there were very few publications dedicated to the care and welfare of zoo animals. Happily I had access to those first few editions of the Yearbook which I read cover to cover several times.

I then used to purchase each annual edition as it was published until I could no longer afford to do so.




No comments:

Post a Comment