- Since 2006, ENV’s Wildlife Crime Unit has documented 104 crimes involving tigers. Sixteen of these cases involved seizures of tigers including frozen or unfrozen remains, or tiger bones. One incident involved live tigers.
- The tiger trade in Vietnam is specifically focused on supplying tigers for tiger bone TM production. Tiger TM products are intended for Vietnamese consumers, not exported.
- Consumers obtain tiger bone glue through personal contacts with brokers, witnessing the event to assure authenticity of the product, and less often purchasing products over the counter.
- Three of six of registered tiger farms are suspected of being involved in illegal tiger trade activities.
- Of 29 tigers seized in trade, most appear to have originated abroad from places such as tiger farms in Laos .