Friday, May 2, 2014
Durrell Courses 2014
Durrell Courses 2014
Endangered Species Recovery – 14/07/14 – 25/07/14 http://www.durrell.org/training/courses/Endangered-Species-Recovery/
o The Endangered Species Recovery (ESR) course is a two week introduction to the issues and practical skills involved in saving threatened species from extinction. You will develop a critical understanding of biodiversity conservation and the issues it raises, as well as practical research skills. This course is perfectly suited for those wanting an up to date summary, and has also proved invaluable to those considering a career change to conservation as a profession.
· Latest Development in Primate Conservation – 01/09/14 – 05/09/14 http://www.durrell.org/training/courses/Latest-Developments-in-Primate-Conservation/
o The course is designed for anyone working in or considering working in the field of primate conservation, or others simply wishing to gain a detailed up to date understanding of this topic (e.g. educators). You will develop your knowledge of the latest primate conservation theory, and gain key practical skills.
· Conservation Breeding and Husbandry of Callitrichids – 14/10/14 – 17/10/14 http://www.durrell.org/training/courses/Conservation-Breeding-and-Husbandry-of-Callitrichids/
o Conservation Breeding and Husbandry of Callitrichids is a four day intensive course designed to equip participants with the necessary skills to successfully manage and breed primates, particularly callitrichids in captivity.
· Conservation Education and Interpretation – 25/10/14 – 27/10/14 http://www.durrell.org/training/courses/Conservation-Education-and-Interpretation/
o Drawing upon cutting edge research, theory and practical experience, the course will be taught by experts from Durrell and University College London, giving participants a firm grounding in how to deliver conservation education and interpretation.
· Tropical Conservation and Ecology Field Skills: Mauritius – 6/10/14 – 15/10/14 http://www.durrell.org/training/courses/Tropical-Conservation-and-Ecology-Field-Skills-Mauritius/
o This course is designed specifically for graduate students looking to gain their first foot-hold in a wildlife conservation career. It will also be relevant for existing conservation professionals who may not have received much formal training in field skills.
· Avian Egg Incubation Workshop – 10/11/14 – 14/11/14 http://www.durrell.org/training/courses/Avian-Egg-Incubation-Workshop-/
o The Avian egg incubation workshop is a five day practical workshop designed to give participants the skills required to successfully incubate bird eggs and deal with problems that could arise.