Thursday, June 14, 2018

Why are there not any questions being asked about this?




Why are there not any questions being asked about this?

So apparently 6 Gorillas (Gorilla beringei bergingei), 8 Bonobos, 8  Chimpanzees, 4 Manatees, and 10 Okapi. All of which were Captive Bred in the Democratic Republic of the Congo are being supplied to Taiyuan Zoo and Anji Zhongnan Zoo in China.

I have not visited either of these Chinese Zoos but I have seen a few nasty news stories about them over the years but that really is not the point. What I am more interested in is where the animals from the DRC were bred. Can anyone enlighten me?

And I have not picked it up anywhere else. Usually the press is jumping up and down when elephants are exported from Africa. This move is more serious and it stinks.

I would hope that questions are being asked in high places in CITES offices and the various zoo bodies around the world.

I have nothing against China or Chinese Zoos in particular (just some of them) but something very very wrong is taking place here and somebody needs to act on it.





Peter Dickinson
Independent International Zoo Consultant
      

No comments:

Post a Comment